Students, faculty and staff may borrow books, videos, and other materials from Little Memorial Library after completing a patron registration form available at the circulation desk. Students from any academic library in Kentucky and residents of Woodford County may also be granted borrowing privileges.
1. Students--Books are loaned for 4 weeks. One renewal is permitted providing no other patron has requested that item or that the borrower has no overdue items. The library does not charge a daily overdue fee. However, it does bill your Midway College Business Office account each semester for items not returned by one week after Finals.
2. Faculty/Staff--Books are loaned until the end of the semester, but it is understood that materials will be returned before the due date if others have requested them.
3. Videos are loaned for 7 days.
4. Reference books and periodicals do not circulate.
Courtesy notices are emailed to patrons notifying them of the due dates of borrowed items. The borrower is responsible for noting the due date for each circulating item and for returning or renewing the item on time. Overdue notices are emailed for the first time after an item has been overdue for seven days. Two additional notices will be emailed at 10 day intervals. Lost items notices (see Lost or Damaged Item Fees below) are emailed after an item has been overdue for 60 days at which time your business office acount will be charged as a lost item.
Midway College faculty and staff will receive courtesy notices 14 days before items are due.
Faculty may place personal or library items on Reserve for student use. The reserve collection is housed on the first floor at the circulation desk.
1. Faculty must complete a Reserve Request Form and submit it to the circulation supervisor 24 hours in advance.
2. Students must be registered with the library in order to use the reserve materials.
3. Reserve items are for library use only, unless otherwise indicated by the instructor.
4. Most reserve items are loaned for a 2-hour period. Longer circulation periods are at the discretion of the faculty member place the item on reserve.
5. Reserve materials will be removed from the reserve collection at the end of each semester.
6. Instructors must supply photocopies that they wish to place on reserve. It is expected that such copies constitute “fair use” in accord with current copyright regulations.
Lost or Damaged Items
Borrowers will be responsible for the cost of replacing damaged or lost items. The total cost will a processing fee of $25.00 plus the cost of the item which will be determined from any standard book trade source.
Intentionally damaging library materials may result in the loss of library privileges or further disciplinary action as outlined in the Midway College Student Handbook. The disciplinary proceedings may be initiated by the Director of Library Services, faculty member, or any member of the college community in a written report to the director of student affairs. In addition, the responsible party will be assessed the cost of replacement of the item plus a $25.00 processing fee.
Little Memorial Library
512 E. Stephens St.
Midway, KY 40347