Interlibrary loan permits Midway College faculty, staff and students to borrow resources from several thousand cooperating libraries. Requests are placed electronically to participating libraries that possess the item sought. The following procedures apply :
- The borrower must complete an Interlibrary Loan Request Form, available at the reference desk , on the library's web site, or from the electronic database itself.
- Borrowers must allow a minimum of one week for receipt of materials.
- Generally, the borrower will incur no costs for the interlibrary loan. Occasionally, the lending library will charge for the items. In this case, the circulation supervisor will inform the borrower beforehand.
- Books are to be returned by the due date as specified by the lending library.
- Lost items will be assessed the replacement cost as well as a $25.00 processing fee.
- Within any calendar year, the library may not request more than 5 copies of material from any one work that was published within the previous five years.
Little Memorial Library
512 E. Stephens St.
Midway, KY 40347